The SolidWorks 2015 API contains quite a few enhancements that I am excited to share with you. Here are some of the most significant:
- Access scenes.
- Insert a table-driven pattern feature.
- Get or set the components and transforms for interferences.
- Specify more document printing options.
- Create and access local curve- and sketch-driven patterns.
- Get type of body folder cut list.
- Specify more options when mirroring components in an assembly.
- Add a width mate to an assembly.
- Specify whether to print a specified layer when printing a drawing document.
- Get a feature’s folder.
- Move a feature to another location in the FeatureManager design tree of a part or assembly.
- Get all of the bodies that result from splitting a part.
- Modify a split-body feature by changing its split bodies.
- Specify more options when editing a mate in an assembly.
- Support for intersect features.
- Support for extracting Scanto3D information.
- Specify whether to keep or delete bodies in a multibody part.
- Divide a sketch segment into equally spaced sketch segments or points.
- Get the display dimension object for a specified pattern property or a sketch relation.
- Get the sketch segments that define the path of a structural member body.
- Specify more properties when creating a weldment gusset.
- Specify more properties when creating a structural member end cap.
- Specify more properties when creating cosmetic threads.
- Modify variable-pitch helix features.
Want to see the API interfaces and calls related to each of these topics? You need only open up the local API Help, go to the Index tab, and search for the “Release Notes” category. This will show all enhancements in SolidWorks 2015 SP0 in great detail.
As always, if you discover an area where the API is lacking, don’t be afraid to submit it to the SolidWorks API support team.
Want to keep up with future CADSharp.com content, webinars, and special offers? Sign up for our newsletter.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.